Broadgate Homes are a home builder in Lincolnshire. They are responsible developers; who have a strong commitment to and a proven record of working with local people and local authorities both before they build and throughout the life of the development.
TJS were invited to build Broadgate Homes their next generation of website. The objectives were:
- To reinvigorate interest in the Lincolnshire’s new homes market after a property recession.
- Ensure visitors could take away key facts for homes and developments quickly and easily.
- Focus on lead generation as a goal
- Engage customers with rich media and interactive site plans
- Take advantage of improvements in browser technology to improve user experience
As a well known and highly regarded company by it’s loyal following of customers, our first task was to improve the look and feel of the site without alienating existing customers. This was achieved by retaining the familiar graphical elements but within a more modern framework, font and layout style that worked better on modern browsers whilst still retaining the traditional feel that Broadgate customers valued.
We instructed a local company to create a video walk-through of The Sycamore home which is embedded on the site’s homepage and allowed customers to view this fully furnished home.
We enhanced the site plan viewer so it no longer used Flash and is now navigable on a tablet, smartphone and desktop. Interaction on a tablet does not allow for a hover state which you would get when hovering your mouse over a link when viewing the site on a desktop computer. Instead the new site plan viewer makes use of simple one tap navigation for users on all devices.
We re-organised the navigation for the whole site with an improved architecture and introduced a quick search so visitors could access details of new homes in Lincolnshire with one click. These innovations were driven by Google’s traffic statistics. This allowed us to make evidence based decisions on what customers wanted to find on the site and to put these in accessible positions whilst moving low priority information to a sub-navigation.
As a responsible developer Broadgate Homes have assisted with many social projects in their community. These have been highlighted in a new Our Community section.
The new site has been very well received with a 12% reduction in bounce rates over the 6 months since launch. TIP – If you’re not familiar with Bounce and Exit rates you should keep the following points in mind.
- For all pageviews to the page, Exit Rate is the percentage that were the last in the session.
- For all sessions that start with the page, Bounce Rate is the percentage that were the only one of the session.
- Bounce Rate for a page is based only on sessions that start with that page.