Hemswell Antiques Centre
50% increase in traffic in 2018 vs 2017
What we did:
Located in Hemswell, just 15 minutes from the centre of Lincoln, Hemswell Antique Centres is renowned as the largest antiques centre in Europe. Boasting 4 large buildings, 2 coffee shops and hundreds of thousands of antiques, the centre attracts thousands of visitors to their centres and online via their website each year.
As one of the leading antique centres in the UK, Hemswell Antique Centres has always strived to stay ahead of the curve. In 2011, Robert Miller (Managing Director) approached TJS to help drive the digital side of the organisation forward. Having only recently launched their new website TJS’ role was to optimise the site for SEO and help drive visitors to the website and centres through a digital marketing and advertising strategy.
In 2017 TJS and Hemswell Antique Centres planned and launched a brand new website from the ground up. Understanding the digital marketing requirements and how a new website should be built to complement and boost the online business TJS implemented the full development. Mobile responsive, https secure (way ahead of Google’s recommendations) the website features secure online shopping, a comprehensive back office management system and a ‘credit’ based system enabling Hemswell’s dealers to upload their own antiques to the online shop.
Now that the website and complex ‘dealer product upload facility’ are up and running successfully a comprehensive content strategy is being actioned to help keep Hemswell Antique Centres at the forefront of the antiques sector.
Back Office Management System
Digital and advertising strategy
Having implemented a thorough digital and advertising strategy Hemswell Antique Centres were nominated (and won!) the category for Best Digital Campaign 2015 in the Lincolnshire Digital Business Awards. No other Lincolnshire business was able to boast such a thorough and comprehensive strategy, this includes:
- Google Adwords Campaign
- Google Re-marketing Strategy
- Twitter / Facebook Content Delivery Strategy
- ROI Tracked Newspaper and industry press advertising
- Youtube content and targeted video adverts
- Google Virtual Tours – ensured HAC were one of the first businesses in Lincolnshire to feature comprehensive walkthrough tours.
- Call tracking to evaluate the attribution and ROI for the above advertising platforms.
- iPad customer surveys – closing the loop on all digital advertising to gauge how visitors to the centres found HAC online, thus helping to learn and improve the above.