Google+ finally comes to Google Apps
Business Google Apps users can finally take advantage of Google+, Google's social network.
Since Google+ was opened up to the public in September 2011, users of the Google Apps productivity tools suite have been clamouring to get on Google+ with their Apps account.
Here's a quick guide to help your administrator set up Google+ on your Apps account
To join Google+ as an Apps user you first need to enable the service for your domain:
Your account is now enabled and your employees can now Join Google+ with their account. Here's how an individual user activates Google+:
- Go to https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/<yourdomain>/ for example "https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/tjs.co.uk/"
- Click on the "Organization & users"
- Click on the "Services" sub-heading to see the list of Google services available within Apps
- Scroll down to the "Additional Services" section where you will find the on/off switch for "Google+"
- Set the switch to "on"; a "Save changes" button will appear at the bottom - click that to save your change.
- Go to https://plus.google.com/ where you should be able to join Google+.
- We have found that it can take a few minutes for the "Google+ is not available for your organisation" message to be replaced with the option to join.
- Once in, you'll presented with a number of 'Suggestions' of people you may know.
- These people can now be categorised into 'circles' or groups of people you know.
- Get connecting!